Discount Mobiles is an online retailer for Australian mobile phones, accessories and other mobile products - And we are completely redesigning our website. The original site has become a Frankenstein and does not portray the edgy, youthful look we are striving for.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are after a clean and clear brochure site to convert users to the transactional part of the site. Customers / users need to feel safe, comfortable and confident to purchase from the site.
Our key demographic is the 15-24 youth market so the design will need to hit the mark.
The mobile phone search criteria on the left hand side of the site will have to remain but it does not have to appear in the vertical format. This is important as this is how people find the right mobile phone and narrow their selection criteria.
We are after a clean design that is sexy (not the ugly duckling we have at the moment).
Everything is up for redesign – the colours, the look and feel…everything.
We are very conscious of the key copy being above the fold line so this will need to be at the forefront of your mind.
- Clean design
- Good use of colour – not the candy apple design we have
- Must have relevant information visible at 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Current navigation system on left must stay for functionality purposes but is free to move to other parts of the page. (right side or secondary nav at the top etc).
- Menu system not to be flash (.swf), to be SEO friendly with alternative states for user interaction (hover, active, visited etc). Would like this to be at the top still
- Logo to be tech savvy and legible
- ‘All phones unlocked from carriers and plans’ to be prominent in the header. A site and brand point of difference from our competitors.
- Search field at top of page to remain on the page and be more prominent.
- Brand logos to appear next to brands in left menu.
- We use the CBA (http://www.commbank.com.au) payment gateway and would like this displayed onto each page
- Common Template designs
- No sense of user flow (they are there to choose a mobile phone)
- Conservative design
- Feel free to remove the 'plans', 'mobile broadband' and 'ringtone' boxes from the sites new design.