How MightySlim started their web page design journey
Want a cool, engaging, professional homepage and supporting pages. We are inspirational and unique. Help us get that way on the net. Audience age 24-64.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The homepage needs to be our storefront. It should look professional, inviting, engaging, and not boring. We are a tax representation firm, which means that we represent people who are in trouble with the IRS. People who need our services tend to be nervous and affraid. We are their hope against the IRS.
Supporting pages should fit well with the homepage but should be different enough so their subordinate position is apparent.
For reference material, check out http://www.txmstr.com. We need to keep the logo, the maroon color, and the links to O'Reilly, Miller, and the TV commercial. So try not to clash too bad with those.
- Something unique I've not seen before
- We have to keep the maroon color--ok to add accent colors if tasteful
- We have to keep the logo--hands off
- We have to keep links to O'Reilly, Miller, and our TV commercial--everything else is free game
- When customers see our site (http://www.txmstr.com), they should think professional, unique, dependable, responsible, all with a hint of cool danger
- Navigation should be easy to read and easy to use
- Nothing flash-based--we need content exposed for search
- Nothing completely over the top
- No bright or loud colors unless appropriate (an example of appropriate would be changing the Contact Us box from shades of maroon and pink to yellow; an example of inappropriate would be changing entire site background to yellow)