Company name: Cylinder Town
Company Tagline/Slogan: Over 29,000 Cylinders at your Fingertips!!!
Nature of business: A hydraulic cylinder is the mechanical device that enables a dump truck to dump, garbage trucks to compact garbage, etc. Cylinder Town sells these hydraulic cylinders for construction equipment, garbage trucks, mining equipment, dump trucks, etc. They sell replacement part cylinders, stock cylinders and custom built cylinders.
Company Logo(s): Cylinder Town does not yet have a company logo.
Mock-up of home page: http://www.keylimetie.com/Common/Do…ock-up.pdf
Website related images: http://www.keylimetie.com/Common/Do…ownPix.zip
Existing Website URL: This is a new business venture that doesn’t yet have a web site.
Target Audience: The target audiences for our web site are:
- End users of mobile hydraulics
- Small Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s)
- Construction Companies
- Garbage Collection Co’s (Waste Haulers)
Top-level navigation links for Website:
Home | Replacement OEM Cylinders | Stock Cylinder | Custom Cylinders | Contact Us
Preferred Color Scheme: We are looking for masculine/manly colors. We prefer reds, whites and blues, but don’t want the site to look too patriotic looking. Thus, reds, whites and blues but in moderation.
Type of look that is trying to be achieved through the design: Even though we are a new business venture, we are looking to portray ourselves as established experts in the hydraulic cylinder replacement industry.
The following 3 URLs represent similar content to that of http://www.CylinderTown.com:
- http://www.aggressivehydraulics.com – More “flash” than we are looking for, but it portrays an industrial feel that we like.
- http://www.autopartswarehouse.com -
- http://www.centralparts.com -
Site should be designed for 1024 x 768 resolution
The winner will need to design 5 pages total:
- Home Page
- Cylinder Catalog page (like a product catalog, but for hydraulic cylinders)
- Cylinder Detail page (like a product detail page, but for hydraulic cylinders)
- Contact Us page
- Join Mailing List page (form)
This may sound like a lot of work, but once the home page is designed, the other pages are very quick and easy to knock out. We have held a lot of contests here and are very easy to work with. Once the winner is selected, we like to get through the remaining pages and get it coded (HTML) and in our hands VERY quickly.