I'm redesigning http://www.bradmontgomery.com
I Really like this site, but it's starting to look dated. I'd like to keep the feel while updating the look and feel.
Target Audience: Meeting and convention industry buyers. This is a varied group…hard to pin down.
It's a Wordpress theme.
I'm looking for a CLEAN looking site.
Please do NOT use any stock photos. I've included more than enough photos to use. If you need more, I have them. (Photos of me speaking, and photos of my audiences.)
Sites I LOVE
Light. Airy. Fun. Personality. Clean. Modern.
I can't tell you why. It's darker than I'd pick, but it's ver clean and original.
Sites I LIKE
http://www.bradmontgomery.com (like it, but it's dated)
http://www.bradlaughs.coms (not bad…I like but don't love)
Apple.com --- though this is not playful. But it is clean and hip.
2. Color scheme:
"smiley face" yellow
Same as on the current site.
3. Tone: Note that http://www.bradmontgomery.com playful. I LOVE any site that has a personality. I'm supposed to be funny, so having a site with playfulness and fun is a requirement.
4. TESTIMONIALS are the main thing to feature…. On the surface I sell "funny Motivational speaker." But what I REALLY sell is:
1) happy laughing audiences
2) happy meeting planners.
The key to success for this site is having testimonials (written, logos, and video) all over the site.
4. Note that at the current http://www.bradmontgomery.com there is a microsoft quote with their logo feature. This is great. Keep it. (the logo needs to be updated.)
My banner is looking dated and older. It also uses flash (which is fun, but doesn't show up on an iPad.) Requirements for banner:
1. Photos of happy people / audiences should be primary.
2. One photo of me is secondary
2. Phone number included in banner
4. Search box in upper right
5. Use this quote "So Funny! … Blew the other business speakers out of the water." McCormick Y Schmick's Restaurants. (Include their logo.)
6. Make the WHAT I DO larger than the WHO I AM. In other words, my name should be in the banner. But larger and more obvious than my name should be what I do:
"Funny Motivational Speaker & Meeting Energizer"
The current banner has the elements I like…it just looks dated. I think it is too tall. It just doesn't look like cutting edge web to me.
6. Navigation Menu
(some slight changes to the current one. From left to right... )
Who is Brad
After You've Decided
Featured video (from youtube)
Facebook Like feature
Prominent Microsoft Quote
Prominent McCormick & Schmicks Quote
Photos of happy audiences. Or laughing audiences.
Newsletter sign up section (Get a free chapter of Brad's Book)
logos from famous clients.
Microsoft. Air force. Lockheed martin. The CIA. The IRS
A place for text. This is important for SEO. At least 3 or 4 paragraphs. I think this can go BELOW the fold. Way down at the bottom. But it has to be there.
Social media icons to connect via Facebook, twitter, google plus
Elements requested for main page
some sort of place to fit "Most Popular Pages"
Video of Brad in Action
Brad at the CIA
Brad is an Emcee
Tagline: Leveraging levity and lightheartedness to maximize productivity for you business.
A way to list some of brad's most famous clients AND their logos.
For the right sidebar, I love graphic elements that represent different sections
Click for download speaker packet
Click to hire
Click for testimonials.
Featured video (youtube)
Facebook like box
Social media connection icons (twitter, google plus, Facebook)