1. Landing Page/Homepage -> my vision is to go minimal with a lot of impact, I think having a full-screen epic pic will help achieve this, as I explained before we want the visuals to do all the talking (note sure what kind of pic yet, maybe nature (as long as it doesn't look like a gardening website!), or a background like the Apple website or maybe simply something designed from scratch?);
Idea: we could have the links to the pages (Music, About, Contact) in the mid-top center of the page and my full name with the same font but bigger above them (ex. https://goo.gl/images/1GiRmh - "VIETNAM" would be my full name and instead of “Land of the Dragon” we’d have the “Music - About - Contact …”;
I really like the font they used here and I'd use it for both my name and the page names. http://www.ryantaubert.com (All CAPITAL Letters).
We could also add somewhere the text " Award-Winning Composer " and " Music & Sound for Brands ", maybe somewhere in the corners?
2. Work (aka showreel, aka portfolio) -> This is the page where we showcase my work. I'm thinking to upload the videos on Vimeo so we can embed them in the page? + http://www.smoke-mirrors.com - this is just an idea of how we could display my work on the "Work" page;
3. About -> if we can, I'd like to avoid to have boring text that no one wants to read. I’m thinking that we could create a short entertaining timeline infographic highlighting my life path and achievements? Here's the link to an idea that could be fun: https://goo.gl/images/1jVNk9 (I attached some pics of mine you can have a look at, IF you feel like using one in this page, otherwise we could use one in the contact page?) and here's another example: https://www.masteringthemix.com/pages/about-us.
Find some bullet points below to use as a guide (we don't really have to include the dates or ages in the infographic):
- (2-years old) -> Hits Mum's Pots and Pans
- (3-years old) -> Gets Toy Drum Kit
- (9-years old) -> Gets Professional Drum Kit & First Drum Teacher
- (teenage years) -> Bunch of Engineering Studies in Padova & Jazz Trios & Orchestras & Rock Bands & Teaching Drums to Kids
- (20-years old) -> Graduates at AMM in Milano (Drums Diploma)
- (21-years old) -> Wins "Ritmi" Italian Drum Scholarship 2011 & Moves to London
- (21-years old) -> First Encounters with Logic Pro - First Productions & Remixes
- (22-years old) -> Graduates at BIMM/Tech Music School
- (23-years old) -> Start of a Creative Life - Resident Drummer & DJ in London
- (25-years old) -> 'Burn' reaches 1 mill Streams on Spotify
- (25-years old) -> 'DJ Saved My Life' reaches Top 10 Beatport
- (25-years old) -> My Music Features for the First Time in a Commercial Worldwide Campaign
- (25 till now) -> Falls in Love with creating Music & Sound for Brands
- (27-years old) -> 'Ancestry DNA - Together Forever' wins 3 awards
4. Contact -> here we could divide the page horizontally in two halves and have the contact info in the first upper half (and maybe a pic of mine?), and the logos of the brands I worked with in the bottom one (the two halves could have different colours and I'm visualising the bottom half with the client logos in white and the background in black). NO contact form needed, phone number and email address will do;
Some brands I've worked with: Playstation, Sony, Huawei, Paypal, Vype, Kellogg's, AncestryDNA, Volkswagen Group, Nissan, Desperados, Heineken, Honda, Let Go (app), BWin, PartyGaming, Star Island, C&A Clothing, Cofra Group ...