Nikki's designs stood out, and she was very responsive throughout the process. She did a number of revisions based on feedback and did them quickly, helping us move along effectively in our design contest. She themed an entire Wordpress site for us.
She's gone out of her way to make sure we have what we need to get this project done.
Working with GoranM on our competition was a pleasure. Extremely hard working, responsive, creative and easy to work with. We had high hopes for our competition and put a lot of effort into creating the brief and providing feedback to designers, and we were not disappointed in the results GoranM produced. Highly recommended.
How Kristenspyker started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
The Heterotaxy Network
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Dedicated to connecting families around the world with this very rare syndrome. These children have had a poor prognosis but things are improving. The aim of this site is to educate parents and physicians in making the best choices for these children to ensure the best possible outcome.
Heterotaxy syndrome is so rare that even physicians in top children hospitals don't know how to treat it. It affects different organs and the inmune system. The most complicated cases have very complex heart defects that can only be treated at two or three centers in the US and a handful of centers abroad. When parents are given the diagnosis they don't know that, if they go to the right hospital, there is hope for these babies. This site aims to provide all the information necessary for new parents, physicians, and any family that wants to learn about the condition, where to get the best care, etc. It also aims to connect heterotaxy families all over the world via the community section and the story pages. This site will be the most comprehensive heterotaxy source in the world.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
I would like to start from a clean slate and see what you come up with :) - just a reference these are a couple sites I like because they are clean, professional, and clear. It's not the color scheme or any specific elements, but the overall look: http://www.charitywater.org/ http://www.livestrong.com/
I like clean, simple, straight to the point, but also warm and welcoming to parents as they are going thru a stressful time when their child gets this diagnosis.
The intended audience is parents with this new diagnosis, survivors, and physicians as well.
Needs to instill confidence in all three of the target audiences.
Please see attachments please....
- Make sure all the elements in the wireframes are represented but other than that you have full creative freedom. By complete freedom I mean that you can completely change the layout if you want to. Feel free to move things around, and update elements if you feel it will benefit the design. Take creative license.
- The site is being build on Wordpress, so please keep that in mind when designing
- The heterotaxy stories page will serve as a template for both living children and those who have passed.
- The donations page needs to be very creative. We want to represent very visually what is being done with donations, how much we have collected to date (think http://mycharitywater.org/p/signin) , and needs to inspire confidence in making those donations. Donations will be used mainly to put together conferences for parents and doctors, create informational packages to be provided when a diagnosis is given, and other activities like that.
- The footer is represented in the homepage, please use that for all pages.
This site is intended to connect families from all over the world. So I need it to be sensitive to all ethnicities and backgrounds.