We are looking for a homepage design. Once we settle on a homepage direction that we like, we be doing other pages (category, single post, etc.)
These are the elements we would like to see on the homepage
- Header: The header should include a simple text logo around the working name “iPhone App Review”. You can include a gold icon file I have uploaded if that fits into your design. The header can also include an ad (see below).
- A section for showing ‘featured’ apps. Each of the featured apps should be represented as an excerpt which show the app’s icon, the name, a brief review excerpt, and an element for community voting (see pop/flop below). We expect 7-14 apps to be in this section of the site. If the app also has free promo codes(see below), we would like the excerpt to be decorated in some way to indicate “Promo Codes”. This section should at least start above the fold and should have a way to "show all featured apps"
- A section for showing all the app with ‘Free Promo Codes’. Again, this section should be brief text excerpts with the icon, name, pop/flop elements. If an app is also featured we would like the excerpt to be decorated in some way to indicate ‘Featured’. This section should start above the fold and should have a way to "show all free promo codes"
Note: The “Featured” and “Promo Codes” decorations will be used throughout the site (category pages, archive pages, single post pages, etc.).
- Ads: 125 x125 ads. Other sizes acceptable. We would like one in the header if possible.
- Developer login. Could be username/login/register/forgot pwd elements? Or a link a to page with these elements.
- Login with facebook credentials. This is for users (not developers).
- Twitter/RSS/Facebook like
- Recently added app list (recent post widget showing last 10 apps with icon and title). Could be in a sidebar or in a fat footer.
- Recently popped apps (list last 10 apps which were recently popped with icon and title). Could be in a sidebar or a fat footer
- Footer for policy, about, etc... Can be fat footer if required.
- Various links. These could be in the menu bar or as buttons/graphics around the page:
- Apps (a link to a page showing all the apps)
- App Bundles (a link to a page showing apps which are considered bundles)
- Free promo codes (a link a page showing apps with free promo codes)
- Accessories (a link to a blog page with accessory reviews and news)
- Latest (a link to a blog page with the latest Apple tips, news, rumors, etc.)
- Featured (a link/button to to a category page with featured apps)
- Promote your app (a like to a page which sells developers on how to submit content)
- Contact us
This will be concept throughout the site which allow users to pop (like) an app or flop (don’t like) an app. Apps will maintain their cumulative pop score. (+1 for a pop and -1 for a flop). If
there is room on the homepage it would be great to allow for popping and flopping right on the homepage. Alternatively, when an app is presented on the homepage we can just display their pop score.