How livingsocial started their web page design journey
ReadingSocial is the biggest book community on the web with millions of users and tens of millions of books cataloged. Help us refine our key interface.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Check out readers.livingsocial.com (registration required to manage your book collection) or http://apps.facebook.com/facebookshelf. You will probably have to toy around with adding, removing, re-categorizing, rating books, etc. to get the gist. We'd like to experiment with the 99designs approach.
We want to create a dedicated book management page that is pure utilitarian... I've created a screenshot for you from the wireframe-esque PSD I put together. We want it to pretty much look and work like this.. typical interactions.. clicking columns toggles sort, clicking edit reveals a dropdown or some other change mechanism, etc. All interactions will happen inline. Shoot an email to email@example.com with any interaction questions.
Note: design only what is below the tabs!
The LivingSocial Team
- A clean, uncluttered design (granted, there's a lot going on here).
- Multiple entries in the list to have different length authors, titles, etc. to illustrate how truncation, wrapping, etc. should work
- Think utility... primary focus is the tool
- Retain all key pieces... this is a 'skinning' job
- Nicely layered PSDs if there is graphics involved.. make it easy for me to cut it up please :-)
- No nonstandard controls... nothing that would confuse your mom. KISS.