How Sharon G. started their print or packaging design journey
Need logo, graphic element for page corners and repeating elements for bi-monthly Woman's magazine. Suggestions for complimentary repeating fonts for section headers, dates and page numbers in every edition. A layout template, with a logo. Cover design and single page template. Want layered PhotoShop, Illustrator vector files and InDesign files for layout and elements, along with font names ready to be used on Mac systems. Please read the brief.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
A look for individual pages and for the cover. this design needs to be fresh, light and appropriate for a Woman's educational publication regarding wellbeing today. Articles from financial advice to personal styling and home decor appear in this publication. A Woman's guide to services in her area.
- Layout dimensions are 10.25 x 12.75 work area.
- The papers may be folded in half so perhaps that should be a design consideration.
- There are several papers being published now by this company.
- A new sister company is going to begin to publish other counties. Design contestants can reference the existing publications for tone at http://www.acwoman.com/pages/Sister…tions.html. The contest design does not need to look like the existing papers. Or it can. It is up to the designers. Would like the basic page layout to have simple repeating graphic elements that are stationary so the bi-monthly installments can be popped right in without changing the publications repeating elements frequently. Want a contemporary look for Women aged 30+, self-minded with focus on career, home and family. Smart, casual, professional women.
- Ultimately we will want vector art if applicable, PhotoShop layered files if applicable and InDesign page layout files, names of fonts used and all Mac sytems ready for future production.
- We do want feminine but, we would like to stay away from overtly frilly, pink designs.
- Please do not turn fonts to outlines in any file.
- Rather not have overly curly fonts. Do not want to use a butterfly. No complicated rule lines to print across page spreads. Simple ones such as color bars are ok. Do not have to use the same colors as existing papers referenced at http://www.acwoman.com/pages/Sister…tions.html