We need a new design for our apps.
At the moment we have 2 production apps and one in development and we need all 3 designed. Based on feedback from some designers, we decided to narrow down the scope of the contest (but leave the pay as is of course): please focus on Decidr and *one* of the 2 other, this is your choice what you feel more comfortable working with: changing an existing app or creating a new one from almost scratch.
These apps are very small, so we put them all together. The app names are the names used internally.
1. Askr- our social Q&A app allowing shoppers to post a question to the shop, but also share same question on Facebook and Twitter. We'd like to challenge the current design and change the app such that:
1.1 The shopper can choose up front whether they want to post the question to the shop or social.
1.2 If they choose the shop, then the app will offer to submit to social as well, if they chose social the app will inform them the question is also sent to the shop and they can OK it or choose "social only"
1.3 add indication of the user and whether the question was shared on social in the list of questions
You can see Askr live here: mydeco.com or shakk.co.uk. Please DO NOT use these to play around. You can use our staging environment at:
2. Subscribr- an app allowing the shopper to subscribe to price and stock updates for the product, and share the product with friends on Twitter and Facebook- this app currently has very basic design (to say the least) and misses the sharing part (which we can quite quickly develop once we have a descent front end for it)
To see it in action, please check:http://parisian-howe5409.myshopify.com
3. Decidr- an application allowing the shopper to share 2 of the shop products with their friends on Facebook so their friends can help them decide between the 2 items. The app sends a link to Facebook, which brings the facebook friend to a page we're hosting. We need that page designed as well (see our ideas in attachment)
This app needs a design from scratch, but we've captured our ideas in some mockups (attached). Ideas for improvement are very very welcome!
4. Product placement and an icon CTA- we'd like to examine how the product would look like when embedded into a page (and not pop from the bottom right) . The CTA will be an icon (simple) that when clicked will launch the relevant app. In a coming version of the product, shops will be able to embed more than one app per page.
We also would like to drop the green we currently have or change it to some other green-tone that is more "social".
A few general guidelines:
- be minimalistic- our apps should not take center stage on the page, but "blend-in" elegantly into the shopping experience
- be simple- the apps are designed and built to be simple and instantly value adding to the shop- no need to over complicate UX
- we are using Twitter Bootstrap and like it a lot
- we're fully localized
We promise detailed and timely feedback.