We need a book cover for our upcoming horror anthology titled MASHED: The Culinary Delights of Twisted Erotic Horror
The book is a collection of 17 stories by various authors from around the world. Each story touches on four themes, Horror, Food/Culinary, Sex/Erotic & Humor.
Ask yourself, does your design include those themes?
I want the cover to reflect at minimum, the themes of horror and sex appeal, but if there is a way to include culinary and/or humor, that would be ideal.
The sex appeal of the cover has to be subtle. Due to Amazon and Facebook advertising policies, too much skin, cleavage etc will get it blocked from being able to be advertised, so keep that in mind while creating the cover. I do want it to have sex appeal, but it can’t be too sexy. And remember, sex appeal isn't only found in the feminie form, consider male sex appeal as a potential as well.
Details directly from Amazons guidelines are as follows
Sexually suggestive images
Images of guns are permissible on Amazon.com, however, images cannot be violent and the gun cannot be pointed at a character or outward towards a customer, or handled by a minor.
* Ads that show people in poses emulating a sexual position or alluding to sexual activity whether clothed or unclothed
* Sexually suggestive poses: the parting of the legs, accentuation of the hip etc. along with amorous or sexually passionate facial expressions
* Poses such as hands on the hips, gripping of hair in conjunction with a sexually suggestive facial expression. Ads that draw undue attention to body parts, such as breasts or buttocks, in a sexual way
* Depictions of minors in sexual situations
* Facial or bodily expression indicative of an orgasm
* Images of suggestive undressing, such as pulling down a bra strap or underwear
* Models in sexual lingerie such as stockings, suspenders or paraphernalia such as whips and chains
Full link to Amazon policies including sample graphics are here
And for Facebook
We do have a logo for both the title and the sub-title. We are open to suggestions for something completely different, but if possible, we’d like to stick with the main logo. The sub-title we are more open to possible changes to it’s look then the main title, but if you think you’ve got a better idea or way to enhance either, go for it. These images as well as our corporate logo is attached as is the sizing template for the cover.
For the Back Cover and spine, we want a background image that continues the theme/color scheme from the front and the brief blurb below and then the full list of stories and author names if possible, but if there is not enough room, use as many from the top of the title and author list as possible and then a “plus more” or similar.
MASHED is an anthology of 17 stories culled from over 200 submissions and includes authors from around the world.
Each story is a unique blend of horror, humor, food and sex, resulting in tales that will leave you both scared and slightly turned on, while laughing out loud and contemplating whether or not you should have your next meal.
“A Woman’s Corn” – By J. Donnait
“Charlie’s Chunky Munching Meat” – By Stephen McQuiggan
“Halloween Nosh” – By Brandon Ketchum
“Biscuit: A Love Story” – By Grivante
“Burnt Scrambled Eggs” – By Devon Rose
“The Disagreeable Dinner” – By Mark Daponte
“Sugar” – By Darla Dimmelle
“The Henry Problem” – By John Grey
“Nibble, Nibble, My Wolf” By – J.L. Boekestein
“The Wrath of the Buttery Bastard-Taters” – By Alex Colvin
“Sauce” – By Steven Carr
“The Care and Feeding of your Personal Demon” – By Maxine Kollar
“P.A.C.D. : The Kitchen of Tomorrow, Today!” – By R.A. Goli
“Arabica” – By Cobalt Jade
“Toilet Manners” – By Eddie Generous
“The Stray” – By Calypso Kane
“The Tall Man in the Hat” – By Nicholas Paschall
And if there’s room, at the bottom on the back, this tagline
Do you like food? Sex? Horror? Humor? Then this book is for you! Guaranteed to leave you scared, aroused and possibly a little hungry.
To help with a better understanding of what the book is about, here is a breakdown of some of the stories and what they include.
1. Biscuit : A Love Story - this story has a lot going on, but two of the main points are a giant biscuit that is stolen and used for sex by a group of homeless men. The baker gets revenge by putting a paranormal worm inside that eats their genitalia. The second part of the story involves a love potion that goes wrong, causing a dog to attack/hump a woman who is allergic to dogs.
2. Charlie’s Chunky Munching Meat - About a man who whenever he eats a certain pink meat he ends up transforming into the nearest woman’s panties.
3. Sugar - Two teens getting ready to go to college in the fall who torture and kill a teacher in bondage after he hits on the female teen on a “Sugar Daddy” dating site.
4. The Wrath of the Buttery Bastard-Taters - GMO Mashed potatoes gone bad that transforms into a monster and tries to kill an amorous couple.
5. Toilet Manners - The story of a man with marital problems that finds relief and release via a glory hole inside a fancy french restaurant from a slug like creature that ends up becoming his dinner.
6. A Woman’s Corn - A witch and the devil have been secret lovers, when the devil breaks it off, the witch tries to capture him out of spite with one final cursed meal, but the devil saw it coming and ends up eating her instead.
7. The Henry Problem - A woman kills her husband so that she can take on more lovers and engage her love of fruit and sex, only to have him come back as a ghost and haunt her.
We are also willing to send you copies of any of the stories for you to read and get a better grasp on the book if needed.
Added Mature Audience Warning graphic to files for back cover