What a process this was. The designer was super responsive and patient. Took our ideas and ran with it making the design more than we could imagine. Would and will work with her again.
Great artist, hope to work more with him in the future!
Judith was great to work with and always had a positive attitude. She listened to constructive criticism and worked hard to find the feel that we were trying to get for our logo. Very warm experience! I would recommend Judith for additional work.
- The BIED Society
How Countryfest started their other business or advertising journey
Who are you known as?
Dauphin's Countryfest Inc
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Entertainment & The Arts
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are Canada's Longest Running Country Music Festival held every July long weekend. We are a not-for-profit organization that gives back to our community every year. Past performers include Reba, Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean, Paul Brandt and many more.
Aside from the more know names in the entertainment industry, we take pride in showcasing new artists. Our name is Dauphin's Countryfest, however we focus on a number of different genres such as bluegrass, roots, blues and folk.
Dauphin's Countryfest is a 4 day outdoor music festival with 3 stages, food and merchandise vendors, extracurricular activities as well as approximately 4200 campsites. It is situated along side of Riding Mountain National Park and we take our environmental responsibilities seriously with a complete recycling compound on sire at the festival. We are run by a Board of Directors who are all volunteers. We also rely heavily on community volunteer groups to help us put on the festival. In turn we donate proceeds from the festival to their respective organizations. 2014 will be our 25th Anniversary! For more information please visit http://www.countryfest.ca
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We have used 99 Designs in the past for a poster concept and we have always been impressed with the outcome so we have decided to do it again!
We are looking for an 11" (width) X 17" (height), full colour POSTER them which would include the following elements:
* Our logo (which is attached)
* Artist line-up: TBA. The line-up of artists is always important on our poster. Whether it be as pictures or text, we need to have the artists on the poster.
* Date: June 26 - 29, 2014
* Website: http://www.countryfest.ca
* Phone: 1-800-361-7300
* Location: Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada
* Sponsor logos: normally we put these at the bottom of the poster on a black bar. All logos are TBD. (please refer to attached poster for ideas on logo placement)
Some design types that we are leary about are:
* Heavy cowboy theme: We do not want to be heavy on cowboy boots, spurs, horses, etc.
Though we are a music festival that focuses mainly on country music, we also have alternative, roots, bluegrass, etc.
* Many of our posters in the past have included a guitar, fiddle, banjo, etc.... it works, but it would be nice to see something fresh. With that being said, if you have some ideas on how to freshen up the cowboy theme, we would be open to suggestions.
* We want to stay away from the 70s/psychedlic theme