Main page: allows navigation to 9 main areas of the app, as shown in the design brief attached. currently this page does have a bottom nav bar, but that is not needed in the final design.The top right corner icon currently allows access to "settings" and "logout". At this point the user is already logged in to the app.
The Nudge page allows the user to select a "nudge" from a scrolling list of recommended options. A nudge combines three things:
- the person they want to keep in touch with
- how long it has been since they were last in touch (how much the relationship has dwindled)
- recommended content (current events, mentions in the news, etc)
Once the user picks a "nudge" they are sent to other areas of the app, outside of the scope of this design project. There is an option to "ignore" a nudge (won't show up for a couple of weeks or so) or "delete" a person (won't ever show up again), which are currently in the side menu, but can be made more prominent (one click) if it works in the design.
We will not always have perfect data, the design should take this into account as appropriate:
- we will always have the person's name
- we will have their title ~90% of time
- we will have a person's photo ~30% of the time
- we will have a company logo ~40% of the time
- we will have between one and 20 nudge topics (only need to show up to 3, but ideally a "more available" note)
- each nudge has a "category"; interest, geography, personal mention, company mention, industry/role related content, popular
- each nudge will have a text description that may be too long for the page; up to 100 characters, but can be cut off if needed
This is being implemented in jquery mobile, and is deployed on both phone and tablet form factors, so ideally a design that is applicable to both without major alterations (obvious responsive elements, and selecting small/large images are easily accomplished)