LOOK & FEEL
Clean, Modern, Simple, Inspiring, Confident, Bold
- Blues (PMS 288)
- Another bright color can be introduced
ELEMENTS TO TRY
- Have fun with typography!
- We are looking more for a unique wordmark than logo
- Try a playing with fonts or formatting to highlight or differentiate words in theme. Minimize use of clip art or icons unless, but simple design elements, symbols, lines,etc. can be used to emphasize a word or letter.
- Try swooshes or line elements rather than prominent graphic to go with words
- Are there letters in the words or phrases that resemble symbols that can be emphasized or creatively modified to add interest to the wordmark.
We do not need any healthcare symbols in the wordmark!
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett is a large medical center in the Pacific Northwest serving a five county region. It is a nonprofit hospital with catholic roots with a rich 100+ history in our community. We have the busiest emergency department in the State of Washington and one of the 10th busiest in the nation. Although we provide the full gamut of health care for our community—from quadruple bypass heart surgery to brain surgery—we have the stigma of a community hospital because we are located 30 miles outside of Seattle. The great success of the hospital is attributed in large part because of a $500 million+ replacement hospital capital project that took place 10 years ago, providing 10 floors of clinical expansion in a growing region. Now, ten years later, the hospital is embarking on a new $100+ million investment to help grow its clinical programs—advancing its clinical capabilities in heart, neuro, cancer and trauma care. The investment will be more in expanding programs and capabilities rather than bricks and mortar. A $25 million fundraising campaign will be part of this important project.
The fundraising office is selecting a theme for this campaign and needs a wordmark designed. In its most purest sense, the logo will be used to identify the campaign in campaign literature, videos, etc. However, the theme will also be used to help market the medical center in the community and build esteem for its advanced care. The Campaign theme will be used for the next five years as almost a marketing campaign for the hospital and used at community events, on banners hanging from the side of the hospital building, and internally on signage throughout the hospital—for the sole purpose of making the community/patients aware of the hospital’s growth, innovation, and pride.