Out of the dozens of designs entered, Hugo's logo instantly caught my attention and I communicated this...Hugo continued to submit more and more designs based around my liking and by no means making my choice any easier :)
Thank You Hugo and thank you 99 Designs for helping me find the perfect logo suited to me.
How Vineet Sinha started their logo design journey
We are looking for a unique logo that gets peoples attention, shows that we are technically sophisticated (we are an MIT-spinoff), that we are willing to do things differently, and that we can show complex things using a clean and simple interface.
Also, we have a number of graphic design projects that we would like to get done over the next few months, and are hoping to meet a great set of designers here for the projects.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Architexa helps programmers make sense of code. We do this by having a very sophisticated engine which makes diagrams from your code. The engine is both intelligent and at the same time is very interactive. Having such diagrams should make programmers faster.
The logo should ideally say that we:
- are smart and technically sophisticated
- are young and are willing to do things differently
- make ugly code look simple and easyGiven the above we are thinking that our companies website will likely have blue, gray, and red (high-tech and active). But this is not fixed.
Possibly what works best is to go to ibm.com (the website not their logo) and wonder what would a younger and more diagrammatic company be like.
Some logos that we like include apple.com, eclipse.org, and atlassian.com.
- Our tagline is 'know your code'. It will be helpful to see a version of the logo with and a version without the tagline.
- website will be designed around logo
- we will need our logo to be shown as an icon in our product, so there should be a component that can be by itself and would remind the users about us.
- we ideally want to logo to be embroidered onto nice jackets, so
having a version of the logo's "icon" which can be distinguished in a
single color will be a plus.
- logo needs to be in a vector format like AI, but we will also need the 'icon' version to be produced in a 16x16 bitmap.