We are launching a new version of this site so please only use that as a reference. I included two pictures of the direction the new layout is heading. The colors can be adjusted to fit a good logo, but we seem to keep coming back to bluish and greenish colors. There is a bit of orange/red on the hover link as well. We are pretty much set on the darker colored header though, although this color can be modified slightly as well.
I am open to all kinds of ideas but I will include a few of my own here:
* Feel free to create a logo that bleeds across the edges of our layout (below/to the side) as it is one of the only graphical items we have because we are data focused.
* I included 3 pages from government Medicare reports to give an idea of some of the items people download from the site. We would be interested to see combinations of data/financial/medical into a single design as we deal with those three.
* We want to look serious because we serve a business customer, but we also want to look more hip/modern because this kind of online data service is new to some people.
* You do not have to include the slogan in the design, although if you feel it works with the design then go ahead and try it because we are open to everything. Even slight modifications to the slogan would be fine as it is also in flux.
* We have thought of one design where the 'my' is heavily styled in front of the words 'health' and 'caresource' or some other combination. This way the 'my' is almost like the graphic portion of the logo while the 'healthcaresource' is in lesser stylized text, etc.
Those are just some thoughts. We serve a business customer in the nursing home/hospital field. We do not serve patients or doctors, etc. If you have any questions, just ask!