How Randy in Brighton started their logo design journey
Looking for a simple facelift to an existing logo. We've had our existing logo for 20 years and have done extensive marketing in our local market so we want to keep some familiarity - but get a hipper, 'current' look.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We have a blue lowercase "r" as logo/icon. We would like this design simplified, maybe eliminating the multiple bars - but keeping the basic blue "r".
Our company name is "Randall Data Systems, Inc.". Our existing branding and stationery has "Randall" bolded and the the remainder regular - Eurostile font. Our customers tend to refer to us as "Randall Data" (as you can see on our website also), so we would like that to be emphasised also... while not losing the "Systems, Inc." part of our name.
We like the Eurostile font - but are open to new ideas here as well.
Our corporate colors are 2 PMS colors - blue and dark grey.
- No tagline
- Keep it blue
- Like the "feel" of the Apple or Wii logo
- Perhaps a 3-D appearance for depth
- Simple, upscale, hip
- Might like a 'glassy' look
- Nothing too wild - our typical customer is a 40-60 year-old business owner. But, times are changing and some of our clients are being bought out by a younger generation (hence the goal of being perceived as 'hip')
- No typical computer hardware icons or graphics
- Must have a transparent or white background.