Company Name: 2nd Base
Why it’s called “2nd Base”:
- 1st base signifies working from the bedroom at home – no support,
- 2nd base signifies taking a first step into a professional environment and working with others to grow the business
- 3rd base and onward signifies further independence, growth and steps towards an established enterprise.
Imagery we don’t like:
- Baseball images don’t work in Australia
Why we exist: to provide a fun, attractive space which:
- encourages innovation & entrepreneurship;
- fosters the growth of early stage businesses
- provides an opportunity for home based professionals to come together in a setting which encourages collaboration and productivity.
What we do:
- A network of co-working locations in fun, attractive and quirky places for entrepreneurs and solo professionals to gather and work together
- A system of services and support (coaching, education, events, networking) that help members grow their business
Our corporate values
- Entrepreneurship & growth
- Fun & creativity
- Courage and tenacity
- Altruism and creating value for others
What we want the logo to communicate:
- A network of locations, people and services
- A community of like minded people
- A young, fast moving, dynamic environment for entrepreneurs
- A place to grow their business
Our target market
O Solo & struggling: Cash strapped but needs to get out of working from the bedroom. They need a network to “belong” and help get motivated .
O Successful solo professional: Probably consulting or professional services. They wish they could work in a serviced office but can’t justify the expense. Benefits from having a base and a professional network.
O Remote workers: they have an employer but work remotely (often a multinational). Their employer won’t pay for a local office and even a serviced office is too much of a stretch, but they’d pay for co-working space. These people are tired of working from home in isolation.
O Skunk works: Group of entrepreneurs with no backing, but no place to work together. Just need something part time.
O Start ups: have some backing but prefer not to spend it on rent
The needs we address
- I need a more professional work space than my home
- I am on the road between meetings and want to drop in to work
- I want to work in an environment with other professionals
- I want an opportunity to network and gain advice
- I want to tap into resources to help me grow my business