Always communicative and on top of projects, and I intend to use this designer again and again!
- Cheryl Boyd
How Gecko Communications started their logo design journey
Welcome to the Gecko Communications guaranteed logo design contest. We are a national marketing & communications company seeking a fresh, versatile logo to be used on our website and other advertising print material.
We are looking for a Web 2.0 style logo with an icon.
In the course of our business we are approached by many companies requiring extensive logo redesign work. Therefore we propose that the winning designer of our logo contest, should they so wish, be our go-to person for future marketing campaign design work.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Mission: Create a Web 2.0 style company logo,incorporating our name, which can become a defining feature of our brand andshape our professional image.
Why we need it: We need a fresh new modern look that representsour forward thinking communication solutions.
Gecko Comms’ Ideology - We pride ourselves in our ability to be creative and flexible with themarketing and communication solutions that we provide for our clients. People select Gecko because we are a business with personality. We havea young yet professional outlook that promotes innovation and we want toreflect this in our company logo.
- We want you to have as much freedom onthis logo design contest as possible. We truly want to see a range of innovativecreative designs from corporate and professional through to conceptual andedgy.
- Colors - go nuts... no particular color choices but would prefer to keep itmodern in design, professional and sleek. No more than 3 colors.
- Letters - Capitals, lower case, it's your choice.
- Something funky - We like the concept of something gecko’esque in thelogo; maybe a cool looking lizard or a gecko foot print.
- Might be nice if it could represent communication, and collaboration.
- Must stand out from the crowd.
- Must convey our brand personality – young yet professional, friendly andpersonal, committed, fun and approachable.
- Mediums - Must be transferable to any online or print medium, ability to displayreverse block,
- Fonts - Thicker rather than thin fonts so logo can be viewed whendisplayed smaller.
- Must be memorable and easily recognizable.
- Must be gender neutral – appeal to both male and female.
- Needs to look good in black/white on either a light or dark background.
- Take some risks, be creative, be edgy.
- Formats - We would need multiple high quality formats, and sizes - Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator vector format is a must, also PDF, EPS(print), jpg/gif. would be nice.
- Well, shouldn't be retro style, should not be only black and white, weprefer simple plain but bright/joyful colors and shapes. - Anything that looks "space age."
- No rainbows of color.
- Must not be too irreverent or silly.
- No overly complicated images that will be hard to reproduce on all mediums.
- No very thin fonts that would be difficult to read.Lastly,thank you for all your hard work and for taking part. We will try to giveconstructive feedback throughout the competition to indicate the ideas, colors,fonts etc. that we like most.
Weare genuinely excited about this being the start of an ongoing association withthe winning designer. Don’t forget, If you have any questions please don’thesitate to ask. Good luck to all.
Payment Methods - This contest has been pre-paid with 99designs. The winner will be paiddirectly by 99designs for the full prize amount, excluding any third partytransfer fees.