The brand Feisworld (feisworld.com) already exists for 2 years. PLEASE - do NOT let existing logo design influence your decisions in any way.
1. Choose your colors (1-3 colors) - Though I'm a fan of red / orange / yellow, or the black/gold combinations, it doesn't mean that it will work best for the design you have in mind. So, please choose your colors.
2. Typography vs. Iconography - I'm intrigued to see both typography and iconography, separately. I'd like to see how different designers approach this. You can use "Feisworld" in upper or lower case. Iconography can be part of the logo, or iconography can be used to construct part of the word, such as the letter F.
3. Symbols - For designers who choose iconography, a few symbols related to Feisworld are: microphone, podcast/broadcast icon, wings (the Chinese word FEI sounds like the word "fly" in English), also clouds (related to "fly", I attached a few examples of more cartoon/animated cloud as symbols). You do NOT have to use the attached examples. They are for reference only.
Attached are two photos of me in black and white. I'm not sure if it's possible to incorporate illustrations of a person as part of the logo. Thanks for exploring.
4. Design constructions - feel free to use one symbol, or combine a few of the symbols, where it makes sense.
5. Where the logo will be used - a few places, on my website at Feisworld.com (attached are screenshots of desktop and mobile version, new logo will replace "Feisworld" currently - Yes, I'm launching a new website that's different than the current one feisworld.com), my social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), my podcast cover art, episode cover art, business card, etc.
6. Please note - because the logo will be used in MANY places and products, I need it to standout and works on its own. It should be dynamic and useable for different placements - website, cover art, business card, etc.