Corne had very clearly read and understood the brief and built a logo and business design around that. The final design was simple, fun, professional and captured our business purpose. Simply brilliant!
How ben UU started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We're a custom software consulting company. We help startups and Fortune-500 companies create new digital products that transform their businesses. We use modern technologies and agile processes to deliver the innovations of tomorrow.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Business & Consulting
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
There should be two color versions for each logo you produce because there are a number of places on our website http://www.cognitiveclouds.com where our logo is white with a dark background.
1) The logo is one or more colors
2) The logo text and mark is all white on a solid blue background color
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
The simplicity of this logo mark is great
The simplicity of this logo is good and the placement of the logo mark next to the text is nice as well.
1) Keep it simple
2) We like simple clean logos like Loom, AirBnB, Dropbox, Thoughtbot and Microsoft
1) We expect the logo to be delivered in a vector format (i.e. an Adobe .ai file)
2) We're fans of the flat design trend so we don't see a need for gradients
3) Please place the logo mark to the left of the logo text
4) We like the logo text all on one line like our current logo
* We've attached our current logo
* We like the text and style but we're open to making improvements to the "CognitiveClouds" text to make it more professional
* Please be sure to use kerning to make the logo letters tight together
* We really like the logo mark of Loom, which was acquired by Dropbox
* Please look at ways to improve this logo mark to match our services and the emotions we're trying to convey
Here are a few updates:
1) We're leaning more towards a logo mark that focuses on a cloud concept. We're not going to go with one that focuses on a brain concept.
2) Please read this article about how to draw a cloud. We'd like to incorporate the golden ratio into the cloud logo mark we use: https://www.hanselman.com/blog/Ther…verse.aspx
3) Please keep the logo text and logo mark simple like Airbnb or Microsoft
4) Please make sure the logo text is in proportion to the logo mark. Some logo marks that are submitted are much larger than the logo text and they don't feel in proportion to each other.
5) Please make sure the logo text and logo mark feel like they belong together.
6) Don't use all caps for the logo text.
7) Do use the same font for both Cognitive and Clouds.
8) Do use different font weights to for Cognitive and Clouds to make the logo more readable.