"Cyclo G6" Background: Cyclo G6 will refer to two things.
1) The laser console itself.
2) The term "Cyclo G6 Laser System" will refer to the console, and the probes that connect to it, together as a whole. As additional background, there will be a few different types of disposal, single-use probes that will connect to the Cyclo G6 console for the doctor to use on the patient.
Meaning of “Cyclo G6”:
- “Cyclo” is a play-off from the names of the procedures that the doctor is performing (i.e. Cyclophotocoagulation). Furthermore, “Cyclo” means “circle” or “circular” in latin. The connection to the procedure is 1) the doctor uses the probe in a circular fashion, and 2) the doctor applies laser energy to various ocular structures that go all the way around the eye.
- The “G” in “G6” is a connection to “Glaucoma”.
- The “6” in “G6” is similar to a model number, such as Audi A6, to setup the possibility of launching a G8 model in the future.
- The logo “Cyclo G6” will be printed on the laser console itself. I’ve attached a picture of the laser console that is identical in appearance.
- I am open to exploring both “Cyclo G6” and “CycloG6” variations.
- The handles of the probes will all be colored purple to indicate the family of probes that interface with the Cyclo G6 console. The console will be predominantly medical white (see photo) however there will be some purple on the bottom edge of the chassis (note: we also sell a green and yellow laser, thus green or yellow are on the bottom edge of their respective chassis). The Cyclo G6 logo may or may not contain purple, I’m open to exploring both options.
- The descriptor “Laser System” and/or “Glaucoma Laser System” doesn’t have to be included within the logo design however I would appreciate some guidance on font type as we will use the full descriptor on product literature, “Cyclo G6 Glaucoma Laser System”.