Eighty20 is having a seminar called UP, a look at upward mobility and the growth in the Middle Class in South Africa. The presentation explores definitions of the upward mobility and the middle class, and uses a range of data sources to explore trends in this regard.
But it goes further, looking at available research on the key factors that help to create and grow the middle class - and conversely hamper its development. By understanding these factors Eighty20 has developed a more nuanced way to explore the middle class and project its size going forward.
This is essentially what we want:
- Image, to publicise and market the event
- One main full image, to be used on marketing material and invitations,
...and a simplified one to use as an icon on our website
- The meta-theme and fonts should be based on Disney's move UP. See the attached images, and do a google image search on: UP disney movie
- The word UP, in the correct font, must be part of the image
- Ideas we have are to have people being pulled up by balloons (like in the UP movie) but weighed down by things like debt, poor education, unemployment, shanty town housing, crime, etc. Some people succeeding, some not
- We usually incorporate our company logo (see attachment) into our images, somewhere. The cleverer the better