Overview: The design will be used for a movie website, but one that can also be used on business cards and perhaps stationery. The primary focus is to create the “coolest visual candy” for the viewer with a highly-stylized “sci-fi” gloss. As this is for a website, try to keep a website’s physical dimensions in mind. Thus, the shape of the design should take advantage of a horizontal dimension more than a vertical one or a box-like one.
Logline 1 (one-sentence summary/pitch):
A boy genius dying from ALS loses faith in God until a mysterious teacher of heavenly origins helps him recapture it through the very science the boy has been using to prove God can’t exist.
Logline 2: A boy genius denies God’s existence, but when needed most, will he be able to deny God’s help?
Main Tagline (must be used in design): Where The Miracle of Science… Meets The Miracle of Faith.
Description/design requirements: (Please refer to the three design examples. We are seeking a fusion of all three designs with heavy emphasis on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th examples, but drawing on the “message/theme” of the 1st one.)
1. Our movie is about a 14-year-old wheelchair-bound boy dying from a debilitating disease. His goal in life is to find a cure for his disease through science. And, to be his older brother’s co-pilot in a dangerous care race where they and a competing car crash on a BRIDGE. But as the bridge is also collapsing, they have to find a way to “jump off” the falling bridge. In other words, they will need a miracle to survive. (We will accept just one car desperately trying to jump off a crumbling bridge.”)
2. Must show a “twinkling” or very bright star that seems to stem from the “Heavens” and act as a source of Divine Intervention, as if it were influencing the outcome of this desperate situation or “answering” someone’s prayer.
3. What’s important is that the bridge functions as a metaphorical bridge where a boy recaptures his faith in a desperate situation. In other words, the boy has to cross a literal and metaphorical “bridge” to recapture his Faith.
4. Nothing heavy-handed. We are not seeking a “religious” overtone so much as a “Divine” one. What’s important is that the design fuses and conveys that the movie has a spiritual/divine element coupled with exciting action element(s) for a fun-filled movie.
5. Not to beat a dead horse, but the design should indicate that the science of a “Muscle-car” will compete with the need for a miracle for this car to somehow race off this collapsing bridge and make it safely to the other side. The “shining, twinkling” star should be the source/visual indicator that God is answering someone’s prayer.
6. No need to show faces or people, but can indicate a “vague figure(s) in the muscle-car. And the car should be a 1970 Plymouth Hemi-Cuda (or something in that vein).
7. Think in terms of fusion/collision of science and faith, where science can only do so much. At the end of the day, it will take Divine Intervention to help the boys get off his bridge and land safely on the other side.
8. The bridge is fairly large and modern (but doesn’t have to be). And it rises above a deep ravine. The height of the bridge should be sufficiently high enough to capture the danger of plummeting to death should they fail to jump off the bridge.
Any questions, please ask.