Hero graphic for interactive marketing company NPWS
We are boutique web development and interactive marketing company- in business for 10 yrs now. We have a wide range of medium and smaller sized businesses who love us for our expertise, results and personalized service. We are in the process of redesigning our website (see attached home page) and need some compelling hero images showcasing some of our services. Our current branding direction leverages the theme of visibility, perspective, focus, and sight. We want to use the hero images to effectively introduce the theme. The design should be clean, impressive to the eye and have a clear understandable theme to it without being too cute and or busy. The home page’s slider will be in HTML5 and will support transitions so if you have any concepts to go with your graphics please make note.
There will be multiple hero images, and additional graphic elements throughout the website that will need designing. If we love your concept and designs we may be asking you to create the remaining graphics.
960px x 458px
The site will be responsive, but for larger screens please plan on having the image fade to a solid color or have a solid color/pattern repeat to the edge if larger than 960 px.
We are looking for...
- An Impressive, Creative hero graphic.
- The style in which these graphics are made may be carried throughout the site with other graphics and icons.
- The use of Colors, typography, photography and custom illustrations are all permitted.
- Professional designs that also show we like to have a little bit of fun along the way. You can read some of our blogs (npws.net/blog) to get an idea for the sarcastic sense of humor/'voice'.
- Designs to help support our theme (sight, visibility, perspective, 20/20, focus).
We are NOT looking for..
- Cheese, not that I don't love cheddar, but we are a professional company trying to position ourselves to larger business. So we aren't looking for anything too cheesy here.
- Boring... we want some genuine creativity and originality. Illustrative work is a plus but not mandatory as long as you are gifted with Photoshop.
Please ONE of the following categories list below:Taglines along with elements to be used in the designs. These are here to help guide you, not constrict you. If you think you have a killer idea, we want to see it!
1. Internet Marketing Strategy:
a. Elements we use in our marketing strategies (PPC/Retargeting/SEO/Blogs/Email/Social Media)
b. Taglines.. “Focused Internet Marketing” / “Superior Insight” / “We offer superior insight & execution”
c. “Visionary Strategy” + “Superior Insight” + Precise Execution = Results You Can See
2. Design & Development:
a. Looking for a Process Illustration
b. Could start with the question –
c. Process elements (Planning, Design, Great Coding, Testing) All while offering professional, personalized service
d. Tag Line: “Eye Catching Designs that Work” – we trying to explain we build great websites that work, and not ones that just look pretty.
- View Point
- Seen / Hidden / Blind
- Clear / Unclear
- Focused / Blurry
- Far-Sighted / Near-Sighted
- Lens / Glasses
- Eye Test (both the machine with lenses & the eye chart)
Examples of Hero images and what we liked about them:
mixpanel.com/ (clean, consistent theme between images)
jacksonvilleartwalk.com/ (good use of photography & original typography)
williamleeks.com/ (original, but a little too simple)
http://www.ditto.com/ (decent use of stock photography then tweaked)
envylabs.com/ (** Really like the transition, could do eye test machine transitions, filters sliding down with different things in focus)
paidtoexist.com/ (good use of light texture and typography, consistent style)
theorydesign.ca/ (consistent style & theme with website)
shoshorov.net/ (good use of theme & typography)
http://www.shoplocket.com/ (too simple, but they have aconsistent style between each hero image)
http://www.ghosthorses.co.uk/ (simple, but good use of web portfolio images)
Have fun, we can’t wait to see what great ideas are around the corner!
New Perspective Web Solutions