An illustration - no typography - for the book cover of the first book (Ink Witch) in a new dark Urban Fantasy series. The series has a "Jessica Jones" meets "Supernatural" feel (dark, haunting, gritty). I'm looking for someone who will be able to work on a 1-to-1 project basis for the later books in the series after this contest.
The main protagonist is a young, female tattoo artist/fortune teller in Seattle, WA.
- the illustration will be used for a paperback (wraparound) book cover (8.5" x 12" total) and an ebook cover - the protagonist MUST be on the right half of the illustration, and she MUST be the focal point.
- Female protagonist (white, slim/slender/fit, 18yo, brown eyes, pretty, tough, hard): generally wears fitted jeans/leather pants, cropped tank tops/t-shirts, red leather jacket, combat boots (any combination is fine), has "magical" tattoos (Egyptian-esque) on arms/hands and regular black tattoos elsewhere on her body, hair color changes frequently but is never shorter than her chin.
- protagonists expression should be fierce/angry/determined
- Sword - katana with a "magical" crystalline blade.
- Iconic Seattle-ish background including a shipyard/shipping containers/cranes.
- realistic-ish style - this doesn't need to look like a photo, but I'm also not looking for anything cartoony
- some sort of a magical glow in a bright color that really pops
- an ouroboros (a circular symbol of a snake eating its own tail)
- Tarot-related imagery
- Tattoo-related imagery/style