NO PURCHASE OR SURVEY COMPLETION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: 99designs Profile Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty-nine (49) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of March 3, 2016, with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (defined below). In addition, all residents of other countries are eligible and the rules of this sweepstake are governed by the applicable laws of those countries. All employees of 99designs (“Sponsor”) and all associated companies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these ”Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins as of 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 3, 2016 and ends as of 11:59 p.m. PT on March 31, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted pursuant to these Official Rules.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: There is one way to enter this Sweepstakes: by updating your new designer profile (defined below in Section 4). However, entrants may only receive a maximum of one total entries in this Sweepstakes. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one entry into this Sweepstakes will result in such entrant being disqualified.
4. ELIGIBLE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may enter the Sweepstakes by updating either of the following elements in the designer profile: avatar; cover photo; portfolio; a combination or all of the above.
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and the Grand Prize Winner by accepting a prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to publicize, broadcast, display and otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
6. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: One winner will be chosen in a random drawing to be held once at the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address listed in their 99designs account. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes. In the event that a potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, award the applicable Grand Prize to an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner selected at random. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Prize Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential prize winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential prize winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential prize winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after its transmission; (5) a potential prize winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by April 11, 2016; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes, which will consist of: $500 in prize money.
No portion of the Grand Prize will be replaced if lost or stolen. Prize is non-transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The prize will be awarded provided it is validly claimed by April 11, 2016, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. All taxes on the prize, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using the prize not listed in these rules are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Prize received, if applicable. Prize will be credited to the winner’s valid 99designs account.
8. GENERAL RULES: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may affect the administration of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select a prize winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor’s sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with computer Sweepstakes information. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to five hundred dollars ($500), and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 99designs Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winner List Request, Sweepstakes, 2201 Broadway, Suite 815, Oakland, CA 94612. Requests for winners’ lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
12. SPONSOR: 99designs, 2201 Broadway, Suite 815, Oakland, CA 94612.