Leah is an incredibly talented designer! Very easy to work with and she does great work! Looked at the design briefing and created a matching mug to our travel catalogue just like we wanted it! Very dedicated and fast in responding even though we had massive time pressure. Highly recommendable!
How Maike.Rummich started their cup or mug journey
Who are you known as?
A&O HOTELS and HOSTELS Holding AG
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Travel & Hotel
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We're a European hostel chain based in Berlin, Germany. For next year's biggest tourism fair we want to come up with a brand new mug design! I attached a PDF file with our current travel catalogue cover 2017... maybe the mug layout can match the catalogue cover a little?
We're an expert in accommodating school trips, associations and sports clubs but are popular with families and city lovers (couples, friends, solo travelers), too.
You'll find us pretty much in every big city throughout Europe; always super close to central stations. Our vision is to offer affordable accommodation for a small budget. We welcome everybody!
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We woud love designs that relate to our product: hotel and hostel under one roof. We're pretty bold and are looking for something extraordinary. Set your creativity free!
Our previous mug was orange inside-out. How about white or blue this time?
Please also include our URL in the design: aohostels.com
I attached previous merchandise winners. However, this is only a basis. We'd love something completely different from the last submissions.
Our corporate colours are blue (hotel) and orange (hostel). Either graphic designs or statements (or both together) are welcome.
Corporate color codes: BLUE: 005ca9 | ORANGE: ef7e00
Our graphics department has a few specifications regarding the file:
• Cover file can be set up for InDesign CC / IDLM file / PSD or the like
• All colors must process CMYK
• ISO A4 paper format
• All images should be vector or 300 dpi
• Fonts must be PC-based (Myriad Pro or Trade Gothic are our corporate fonts)
• Package the file so it includes the file itself, fonts and any required images as well as any special instructions
• In case you use InDesign: Set the document to check links before opening the document & to find missing links before opening the document
• Please do not modify A&O logo
Thanks again and we're excited to see your designs!