The McCollum Firm is a law firm founded in the College Park, Maryland community in 1988 by attorney James E. McCollum, Jr. As members of the community (residents, church goers, parents, business owners, etc.), we often understand, share, and face the same problems that our clients deal with. The firm is diverse and consists of individuals from all walks of life (Black, White, Asian, Spanish) and all ages of life. This allows us to provide our clients and approach their legal needs with different perspectives. With six attorneys, four legal assistants, and an office administrator, our clients’ immediate needs and concerns are handled quickly with personal attention.We employ smart people to handle our clients’ complex issues. Our attorneys consist of former judicial clerks and interns (including U.S. Supreme Court), former federal and state prosecutors, experts, and business owners.
Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland, District of Columbia, and North Carolina. In addition, our attorneys are admitted to practice before several federal courts including United States Supreme Court.
We have three niche markets that we are targeting:
1. Working professionals who are experiencing work related disputes. 2. Church leaders who are trying to interface their churches' charter with their legal obligations,
3. Those who are making decisions about securing the future of their estate and loved ones or those who are overwhelmed with a recent loss of a loved one.
We have compassion for anyone who is going through difficulty and our history of experience, small local footprint allows us to provide our clients with focused solutions with care given to the uniqueness of each case.
Our racial, ethnic, gender, generational, and language diversity is a reflection of the community we serve. No matter your background or creed, we provide quality personalized service and expert legal counsel in terms you understand. We are a community law firm, small enough to handle your pressing legal matters, experienced enough to take on the supreme court.
- honest, we tell it like it is, sometimes you don't actually need a lawyer and we'd prefer not to just take your money if we can't help
- personable, we don't take ourselves too seriously
- knowledgeable, we have very smart people :)
- goal driven, who doesn't love a challenge?
- providing quality service is very important to us, like very
- Hard-working (James the senior partner is in the office before sunrise)...
- Foodies (we enjoy sharing food from different cultures)
- Cyclists (James, often rides his road bike to work)
- Working Families, we celebrate outside of work
Visual Identity Components Needed:
- Color Palete (in hex)
- Typography (readily available fonts preferred)
- Graphic Language (print pattern(s))
- Business Cards
- Thank You Cards
*Also open to creative ideas color-wise, hoping for a distinguishing accent color)
Some Design Work We Like:
***We are evaluating your designs on originality, creativity, and your ability to visually communicate our brand as described above.