This is a book cover for a trade paperbook (and Kindle book) called "How to Improve Your Emotional Intelligence At Work & In Relationships."
Here is a description of the book:
"Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach and high performing team expert Shawn Kent Hayashi puts the spotlight on emotional intelligence as a key ingredient for creating lasting success. She offers a practical guide for helping readers overcome emotional barriers and realize their full potential.
Drawing on her expertise in emotional intelligence and executive coaching, Hayashi details how to use one’s “internal GPS” as a guide for self discovery and self mastery. She divulges the best techniques for noticing the impact of emotions on behavior and then using that awareness to make better choices and create better outcomes.
More than any other book that describes emotional intelligence and its benefits, this book is specifically designed to move the reader from passive reading to active practicing as quickly as possible.
Part coach, part journal, the book offers readers these important tools for expanding their emotional literacy:
• Exercises for developing an awareness for emotions and their triggers.
• Questions for self regulation and processing oneself through the negative emotions of envy, fear, anger and sadness.
• Stories that demonstrate how applied emotional intelligence positively impacts mindset, improves relationships and connects people with their passions.
• Practical advice on common problems such as managing anger constructively and fear of public speaking.
• Integrated journaling space to capture reflection and initiate new habits for cultivating awareness."
The genre for this book is both personal self-help as well as business communications/skill development. The feel of the cover design should appeal to both target audiences.
(We have the same skills at the board room table as we do at the kitchen table -- and emotional intelligence is no different. As a result, the book shares stories and examples that come from both our professional and personal lives and the skills learned apply to both.)
Here are the design specifications:
-Trim size = 5.25 x 8 inches (or 13.335 x 20.32 centimeters)
-0.125” bleed on all sides required
-Spine width TBD; it is roughly .35"
Incorporation of our brand color would also be great:
CYMK: 100 / 0 / 54 / 20
RGB: 0 / 142 / 127
We prefer original designs; NO stock imagery. We welcome your creativity in creating a cover design that appeals to a wide audience, and welcome your questions about this project and specs.